"God, this version of Hallelujah is really terrible," Cathy said, sitting on the couch reading a book.
"You mean this version being sung by Leonard Cohen?" I replied.
"Yeah, it's awful. You have nicer versions of this song. Why do you have this one on your iPod?"
"Ummm, possibly because I wanted to have the original, which many people consider to be the best version."
"This is the original?" she said, kind of puzzled.
"Huh," she said, pasuing for a moment. "Still sucks though." And then she went back to her book.
Last 5 on iPod
1. Private investigations - Dire Straits (Very Best Of...)
2. Make or break harbour - Stan Rogers (Home in Halifax)
3. The old apartment - Barenaked Ladies (All Their Greatest Hits)
4. Better version of me - Fiona Apple (Extraordinary Machine)
5. Bastard - Ben Folds (Songs For Silverman)