Tuesday, November 01, 2005

Bruuuuuceeee

One of the downers of when my iPod crashed back in August was that I lost Bruce Springsteen's Live in New York recording and I haven't been able to get it back as yet. Which is annoying because there were some great tracks, especially 41 Shots. The upside is I managed to track down a copy of Springsteen: Live 1975-85. It had been years since I listened to those recordings and I had forgotten just how amazing they were. Springsteen is one of the few musical acts from my early-mid teens that I'm not embarassed by (Yes, I was a teenaged Hall & Oates fan. Kill me now).

Still, I kind of agree with this writer from Chart Attack that this might be a wee bit too much...an all Springsteen station.

I imagine there must be a market for it. I honestly wonder how much life commercial radio has left in it at this point. Five years? I would say maybe a bit more. A lot of people are switching over to satellite radio. No commericals. Very specific formats....

It's not for me, I don't think. Not as long as I can own my own music. But it might be intersting to try one day.

Last 5 on iPod
1. 4-stop jiggs - Figgy Duff (Figgy Duff)
2. The Reason - Hoobastank (The Reason)
3. I want it all - Queen (Greatest Hits)
4. Cold, cold ground - Tom Waits (Beautiful Malodies)
5. You to thank - Ben Folds (Songs For Goldfish)

3 comments:

His Nibs said...

So here's an iPod question, from someone ignorant of such wonderous technology...
Do those songs at the end of the post get random play, or did you chose them. And do you actually type that list in, or is it posted through the intervention of software?

Cheers.

towniebastard said...

You can create playlists on the iPod - So I can have "Craig's rainy day mix" which I would put songs to cheer me up on a rainy day. But I rarely use playlists. The songs included are random. I hit the shuffle button and the magic iPod chooses. Although, in a bizarre twist, the last version of iTunes has a feature where I can alter the amount of randomness, which just seems odd.

And I type the songs in. Maybe there is a way to do that without typing, but I'm not that good with blogger.

dups said...

That's because there truly is nothing that is completely random :)

Yes even the gods play with your ipod randomness... remember that the next time "Cold, cold ground" comes on and you happen to be toiling about wintry Iqaluit