Tuesday, November 01, 2005

Bruuuuuceeee

One of the downers of when my iPod crashed back in August was that I lost Bruce Springsteen's Live in New York recording and I haven't been able to get it back as yet. Which is annoying because there were some great tracks, especially 41 Shots. The upside is I managed to track down a copy of Springsteen: Live 1975-85. It had been years since I listened to those recordings and I had forgotten just how amazing they were. Springsteen is one of the few musical acts from my early-mid teens that I'm not embarassed by (Yes, I was a teenaged Hall & Oates fan. Kill me now).

Still, I kind of agree with this writer from Chart Attack that this might be a wee bit too much...an all Springsteen station.

I imagine there must be a market for it. I honestly wonder how much life commercial radio has left in it at this point. Five years? I would say maybe a bit more. A lot of people are switching over to satellite radio. No commericals. Very specific formats....

It's not for me, I don't think. Not as long as I can own my own music. But it might be intersting to try one day.

Last 5 on iPod
1. 4-stop jiggs - Figgy Duff (Figgy Duff)
2. The Reason - Hoobastank (The Reason)
3. I want it all - Queen (Greatest Hits)
4. Cold, cold ground - Tom Waits (Beautiful Malodies)
5. You to thank - Ben Folds (Songs For Goldfish)

2 comments:

towniebastard said...

You can create playlists on the iPod - So I can have "Craig's rainy day mix" which I would put songs to cheer me up on a rainy day. But I rarely use playlists. The songs included are random. I hit the shuffle button and the magic iPod chooses. Although, in a bizarre twist, the last version of iTunes has a feature where I can alter the amount of randomness, which just seems odd.

And I type the songs in. Maybe there is a way to do that without typing, but I'm not that good with blogger.

Anonymous said...

That's because there truly is nothing that is completely random :)

Yes even the gods play with your ipod randomness... remember that the next time "Cold, cold ground" comes on and you happen to be toiling about wintry Iqaluit