Sunday, January 22, 2006

Good analysis

There are quirks to living up north and this is one of them: From Monday to Friday most of the southern newspapers we get in Iqaluit arrive between 1-2 p.m. This includes The Globe and Mail, The Ottawa Citizen, Ottawa Sun, Toronto Star, Montreal Gazette, National Post and 2 or 3 French papers. Unless there is weather, in which case all bets are off. But normally, this is the case.

But on Saturdays, it's a crap shoot when the papers will arrive. I've seen them there at 1 p.m. There have been other days when they didn't get it until Sunday. People get very testy about this. I mean, I don't know how well the papers sell during the week, but people want their Saturday paper. I know I do. During the week I read most of my news online, but I do like to sit down and spend an hour or two reading the Globe on a Saturday.

Today, it came in at 6:30. sigh

That's why I'm late posting this link. While I might not always agree with him, I felt this analysis by Jeffrey Simpson was pretty well spot on. It's about what went so wrong with the Liberals in the past three years. How you can have a solid economy, good employment figures and a high level of contentment from the population and totally squander it in short order.

It's fascinating stuff and well worth the read even if you're one of those people who normally hate the Globe.

Currently Playing On iTunes
If I Should Fall From Grace With God - The Pogues

No comments: