Sunday, May 28, 2006

Clerks II

I can remember seeing the first Clerks in a theatre in Halifax back in '94 and just being floored by how funny it was. Now, wisely or otherwise, the sequel is coming out at the end of July. It was to be the end of August, but it would have opened the same weekend at Samuel L. Jackson's Snakes on a Plane. Ordinarily, that's not the kind of movie you'd worry about opening against, but since the Internet campaign of the movie has been one of those brilliant rarities you only see every couple of years, I can understand why you would want to avoid it.

There's any number of Clerks II stuff up at You Tube, including a very fun mash between Clerks and Snakes, called Clerks on a Plane. But I did like the one below.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow. I'm a big Kevin Smith fan and was floored by the original Clerks. I think my favourite View Askew film is Chasing Amy, which we watched the night before last.