Friday, March 31, 2006

Nothing today, alas

Sorry, nothing at length today. After picking up Cathy after work we did our traditional Friday meal out (consisting of Chinese buffet) and then relaxed at home for an hour before I headed off to the first game of the final curling bonspiel of the year in Iqaluit. I'm skipping a team

So it's now about 11:40 and I've only just got home. I'm tired and annoyed that we lost 9-8 when we were up 7-3 at one point. Just a horrific collapse in the 6th end when we gave up five. So I'm just a wee bit frustrated because we came this close to beating one of the best teams in the bonspiel. Should have beaten them, in fact.

And after the game, and now rereading this post, is reminding me why it's always dangerous for me to skip when curling. I get too emotionally involved and become a bit of an ass. It's pretty much why I stopped after high school. I had hoped I might have mellowed in my old age.

Apparently, not as much as I would have liked. Ah well. At least I didn't throw things (brooms, hats, players) like I used to in high school when I got frustrated.

We play againg at 3 p.m. tomorrow. We win, we're in the B final. We lose and that's it. There are prizes up for grabs, including a trip for two on Canadian North, so it would be nice to win.

No comments: