Monday, March 06, 2006

Break out the clotheshangers...

South Dakota passes law banning nearly all abortions. Even rape and incest are not acceptable reasons to have one. Anyone caught performing one can get up to five years in jail.

It's suppose to go into effect as of July 1, but court challenges will prevent that from happening. If it does succeed, many years from now, well, I imagine clinics in Manitoba and Saskatchewan are going to be busy.

You know, this is going to eventually make its way to the U.S. Supreme Court. I think it would be funny, if all the rangling, protesting, hand-wringing and protests, if the court went and unanimously held up Roe v. Wade.

By the way, I'm pro-choice. Any comments calling me a murder, baby killer, etc are just going to be deleted, so don't even bother.

1 comment:

Liam said...

LOL. Nice title. I've already begun investing in the clothes hanger industry in SD.

The worst that can happen I think is that the Supreme Court would overturn Roe v Wade on the basis that it is either a) up to the state and not the federal gov't, or b) allowed only for cases of mother's health, rape of incest.

Here's to hoping that even that doesn't happen.