Saturday, December 19, 2009

Heading out/Curling event

Cathy's been humming "Leaving on a jet plane..." for much of the past 24 hours. There's othing quite like a teacher heading out on Christmas break, I assure you.

I normally try to keep a regular posting schedule when I'm away from the mansion for any lengthy period of time. My success rates vary. I did surprisingly well in Italy and on the cruise. I did all right until the end in Australia and I did very, very badly during the recent curling event. However, as we're staying with Cathy's parents and they do have internet access, hopefully I'll still manage to find the time to jot down a quick note or two.

One more thing before I head off, if you're living in Iqaluit and staying here for Christmas break (which is becoming increasingly less white as the temperatures stay above freezing today and possibly well into tomorrow), but want to get out of the house for a few hours, well, the curling club is going to be open for a few hours on December 27th, from 1-4pm. Nothing serious, just a chance to get out and shoot a few stones, It's only $5 and that covers shooting rocks, hot beverages and some hot dogs. I'd be heading out if I was still here. Drop iqaluitcurling (at) gmail (dot) com a line if you're thinking about attending.

Now, if you will excuse me, I must go and talk my wife down off the ledge as she has been looking at Environment Canada's website and notices the weather for Halifax and St. John's on Sunday is kind of crappy.

Last Five
1. Old black 'n blue eyes - The Fratellis
2. Tunnel of love - Bruce Springsteen*
3. I taught myself to grow old - Ryan Adams
4. Can't hardly wait - The Replacements
5. Closing the door and opening the window - Drive

No comments: