Friday, December 25, 2009

Getting tired already

So we're surviving the Gauntlet of Christmas so far. First there is the mad rush of getting Christmas gifts, and then there is the rush of the family. We've got the first done and we're in the middle of the second. Today was round one, with Cathy's family and a hint of mine. Tomorrow we head around the bay for a visit with my aunt and my nan.

And after that, we'll be trying to catch up with more of my friends. Plus, since my parents have been working so much during the holidays, I've barely had a chance to see them.

It's just a touch overwelming, that's all. Coming from Iqaluit where things tend to be a bit slower, trying to keep up with the pace is more than even I had anticipated. I know this sounds like I'm complaining, and I really don't mean to. It's just trying to find the mental reserves to keep up. We'll catch our third wind at some point and we'll be fine.

Anyway, now that I've vented a bit, I hope everyone had a good Christmas. Despite the craziness, it's been a pretty good one. There were enough presents under the tree this morning to hide a good part of it. And it has been nice to get back home and be around family.

Still, I think I should have wished for Red Bull for Christmas. Because I'm not sure I should be this tired this early into the game.

1 comment:

Morena said...

I always need a vacation from my vacation. Going home is never as relaxing as you think it'll be. Merry Christmas and happy blated to Cathy from a fellow December baby!