Wednesday, September 09, 2009

Tweaks

You'll notice a few changes on the sidebar of the blog. I've killed a few things that I thought were no longer useful there. The Technorati link is gone, because I honestly don't know anyone who uses it, nor do I get any traffic from that site, so it's toast. So is the map of where people are coming from. Mainly because I was getting frustrated at how long it was taking to update - the last one took more than two months - and the number of people visiting the blog according to that site never even came close to corresponding with what Statcounter was telling me. So it too dies.

Twitter is also gone, but not forgotten. I'm still on it and if you want to follow me, then go to twitter.com/towniebastard. It was useful to have that up there when I was first starting to use Twitter and while we were in Australia so people could follow along if they wanted. But now, I don't think it really needs to be there anymore.

I moved the Nunies Award to the bottom of the page. I'm proud of the award, but just felt it was time to move it to the bottom of the page.

There are also two additions. The Moving to Iqaluit FAQ remains, by a mile, my most popular post on the blog, so why not put it on the sidebar and make it easy for people to find. I've also been trying to figure out what to with some of the former Nunavut bloggers. I really like the idea of keeping my Nunavut bloggers just people who live here. On the other hand, I don't want to just cast off these people, especially since they're friends. Hence the "Friends, ex-pats and other rogues". If I've missed including you, drop me a line and let me know.

I'm still half thinking about trying to design a proper website, but we shall see. I should do it now while I have the time. Then again, sloth apparently has taken over as there are plenty of things I should be doing during this downtime, but I seem content, for right now, to just enjoy the time off.

Last Five
1. Tickle Cove Pond - Ron Hynes*
2. Invisible touch - Genesis
3. Let down - Radiohead
4. Ghost of a chance - Ron Sexsmith
5. Random feeling - Chris Picco

1 comment:

Kennie said...

ahaha - I get bumped from Nunavut to ex-pats (excellent < yes, I am Mr. Burns here) don't forget Townie, I am still in the North .. just not in the land of continuous permafrost anymore :-)