Thursday, September 10, 2009

Inglorious



I promise you will all get a real blog post later in the day. In the meantime, I stumbled upon this mash-up last night of Harry Potter and Inglorious Basterds. And I laughed. Cathy was in a coma last night, which is the only reason I assume she didn't wake up and ask what was so funny, because I was laughing pretty hard.

I haven't even seen Inglorious Basterds yet, although I'm fervently hoping the local cinemas finally bring it in this weekend. But still, there's something about Harry Potter making that speech that cracks me up. Chris Sims blog is generally pretty funny. His reviews of certain comics, such as Anita Blake: Vampire Hunter and Tarot, are devastating. I'm halfway convinced the reason the Anita Blake comics' sales figures have plummeted are due to Sims's reviews.

And besides, a quote like this is just funny.
“Now I don’t know about y’all, but I didn’t come out of Number 4 Privet Drive and jump out a fuckin’ flying Ford Anglia to teach dark wizards lessons in charms. Dark wizard ain’t got no charms. They’re the foot-soldiers of a muggle-hatin’ mass-murderin’ maniac and they need to be destroyed.”


Lovely



I would buy this book. Seriously. Get on that, would you J.K.?

Last Five
1. Shout me out - TV on the Radio
2. It's not me - Hawksley Workman
3. Nearer to you - Elvis Costello and Allen Toussaint
4. Nosferatu - Sean Panting*
5. The longest time - Billy Joel

1 comment:

Matthew & Michele said...

Seen the movie when I was south. Let me assure you. You won't be disappointed.

I also seen District 9. Best SF movie I've seen in a long time.