This should have been a pretty celebratory week for the Nunavut blogging community. It was the conclusion of the Nunies, with lots of awards and prizes given away. If other bloggers follow their stats like I do, you've also probably seen a huge spike in your numbers. Lots of people have been swing by to visit.
It should be good times. I've said before and I've said again, I'm very proud of this community we've built up slowly over the last few years.
And then, you get stuff that makes me want to bash my head off something.
I mentioned earlier this week that someone took it upon themselves to try and get at least two northern bloggers in trouble by directly contacting their employer and letting them know what their employees were up to in their spare time. I'm pretty sure I know who that was and I'd damn sure it was a shitty thing to do.
And now I had another one last night.
Last night I received an anonymous comment. No, it wasn't from my usual stalker. This person took it upon themselves to absolutely trash talker another Nunavut blogger. The trash talk itself would be annoying enough, but to hide behind the cowardice of being anonymous popped by blood pressure up a notch or two.
Honestly, has this person ever read this blog? Does crappy, anonymous gossip seem like something I'm interested in hearing, let alone putting on this blog?
So, to sum up, a few closing points.
1. To the anonymous person, pray we never meet in real life. I will make your ears bleed with the verbal lashing you will get. And if you're the same person who ratted out this bloggers earlier the week, well, it really won't be pleasant.
2. Do me a favour, never come back to this blog. Seriously.
3. If you have something to say, sign your damn name to it. I don't mind the daily little anonymous comments that people put on the blog when I'm talking politics or music or something. But if you're going to say something that you damn well know is going to be controversial or say something mean about someone, sign your name to it or don't bother. Don't be a chicken-shit and hide behind this anonymous bullshit.
I'm really upset by this, in case you haven't figured this out already. As I said, it's a good community up here. However, this elementary school level, anonymous tattle-tailing or petty squabbling bullshit drives me nuts when it happens. Spare me, will you all. Please?
Anyway, onwards to happier things.
1. Consolers of the lonely - The Raconteurs*
2. Flirting with time - Tom Petty
3. For no one - The Beatles
4. Jane - Barenaked Ladies
5. Black eyed boy - Texas