Monday, September 08, 2008

Wrong

Just an absolutely reprehensible decision. Realistically speaking, the Green Party has no chance of winning the election. But the Bloc has no chance and realistically neither does the NDP. And yet, there they are.

However, they do have have an MP in the House and routinely hit around 10% in national polls. They will also have candidates running in most federal ridings. That counts as serious enough for me to be included in a national debate.

I might not vote for them even if they could manage to get a candidate in Nunavut. But that doesn't mean I think they should be excluded or that they shouldn't get their chance to debate on a national stage.

And really, I don't care for the notion that the leaders don't want Elizabeth May in the debate, so they won't play if she's included. Jesus....is it politics or Cathy's grade 4 class? You decide.

Last Five
1. Exhibit 13- Blue Man Group
2. Famous last words - My Chemical Romance
3. It's been awhile since I was your man - Matthew Good
4. A legal matter - The Who
5. Gotta serve somebody - Bob Dylan

1 comment:

Nancy Crozier said...

I live in Jack Layton's riding and look forward to asking NDP canvassers about their leader's hissy fit regarding the debates, among other things.

BTW, we rarely see Jack around here, much less during an election. He doesn't live in the riding. The only time I've seen him in the flesh was during his first candidacy, in 2004, when I came out of the rec centre with my children after swimming lessons to find Jack standing by as his wife and fellow NDP candidate, Olivia Chow, had a screaming match with incumbent Liberal MP Dennis Mills on the sidewalk. Democracy in action, kids!