Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Trying to get it right

I had a lengthy blog post written this evening, talking about the testimony given by Elizabeth Matthews at the Cameron Inquiry. Let's just say it was an angry post and leave it at that.

However, it was that angry that I decided to take a rare step and send it to a few people at home before posting it. And they noted several flaws in my arguments. And this is a something I feel strongly about and want to make sure I get right. Lord knows there's enough ranting fools in Newfoundland. Turn on VOCM and you can hear plenty of them. I want to get this right and do a bit more digging first. So I'm holding off, possibly for a few days. It's annoying...I want to rant now, but this is a case where I want to get it right. I'm actually showing something called...restraint, I believe. How odd...

So for this evening, you're just going to have to do without. In lieu of that, a couple of articles on other subjects that caught my eye in recent days.

Are bars screwing over patrons pints to make a few extra dollars? There are certainly places of guilty in the US. Is it happening anywhere else? Anyone notice this happening in St. John's?

The fact that my dad isn't online baffles me. The man can work his hi-tech home entertainment system, but is afraid of computers. I mention this also because he's a huge Formula 1 fan and I think this article would fascinate him.

More tomorrow...

Last Five
1. srxt - Bloc Party
2. I wish I was in New Orleans - Tom Waits*
3. Miami - U2
4. Away - Jenny Gear and the Whiskey Kittens
5. White shadows - Coldplay

No comments: