Saturday, June 23, 2007

Overflow

I mentioned the other day that the Sylvia Grinnell River had overflowed its banks the other day. I thought I'd show you all an idea of what I mean.

This was the river on June 11.










And this was the river on June 21.












No real damage done, still it's interesting to see how much the river has changed in just 10 days because of what appears to me to be a relatively small ice blockage. The water levels rose 15 feet in those 10 days. It's also a high tide this weekend, which might clear up the blockage, or making things worse. I guess we'll find out on Monday.

I've also learned that no matter what the lighting conditions, ice is a bitch to photograph.

2 comments:

WJM said...

I've also learned that no matter what the lighting conditions, ice is a bitch to photograph.

In full sun, a polarizing filter can help with that.

towniebastard said...

Yeah, that would make sense. I'm going to have to look at buying one when I get into town in August.