Sunday, April 22, 2007

Still alive

So, I'm not dead. And no, I haven't been swallowed up by Facebook as some of my friends appear to have been. Granted, I've been spending some time there. It's amusing in the short term. But Melissa and Jennifer both point out something that I thought as well. It's nice to see a few people that I haven't seen in awhile and make sure I keep in touch with the usual suspects.

But really, I'm not sure how many more people I want to meet on Facebook. I stand to be corrected on this, but I can't think of too many more people I want to run into. A lot of my university friends are there. And as for high school "associates", well, the fewer of them I run into the better. Those who know me are very much aware of how much I loathed those three years of my life. I can probably count on one hand the number of people from that time in my life I really want to have anything to do with.

So, it's fun for now, but we'll wait and see the staying power.

So if not Facebooking, then what have I been doing? Relaxing and trying to catch up on some reading. Currently that would be Iain Banks "The Steep Approach To Garbadale", which I'm enjoying quite a bit. One of the blurbs states it's his best book since "The Crow Road". High praise, as it's one of my favourite novels, but it's holding up well 121 pages in.

I'm also trying to read some of the magazines I bought in Ottawa. Ones I can't get here in town like "Seed", "The Ryerson Review of Journalism" and a couple of others.

And while this hasn't happened often, it's just of these occasions where I haven't had much to blog about. I tend to go through fits and starts on what I'll blog about. Sometimes it's personal stuff, sometimes pop culture, and recently it was Newfoundland politics. But none of that is grabbing me right now. It'll likely change in a few days. I imagine the Newfoundland budget will provide some topics worthy of comment.

But you'll forgive me right now for the brief lull in the proceedings.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Your mission now, TB, is to find Ralph Fiennes when he next visits Iqaluit and provide us with pictures. Play papparazzi for a while.