Tuesday, April 24, 2007

Frustrations

It's a hard rule, the one I have about not talking about my job. And it's not for the reasons that some might have about wanting to bitch or gossip about their co-workers. I think I'm a touch too old to be doing that sort of thing. Really. I'm 37 years old. I think that's too old to be going online and complaining about my job.

Besides, I like it and the people I work with, so it's a moot point.

No, the problem is, and I suspect there are those who read this blog who can empathize, is that I learn really interesting things at work, things that I have an opinion on. And then I read contrary opinions out there in the world that I would love to debate, argue, correct errors on. Any number of things.

I can't, though. That's the discipline and price you pay for the job I have and for having the pleasure to blog.

Still, there are days when I'm bursting at the seams to vent and rant about these things. Poor Cathy will be driven mad one of these days and I think my friends probably sense these days as well and know better than to answer or read my e-mails those days.

Anyway, one of these days I'll have stories to tell. Although probably many years from now when it won't make a difference any more.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I definitely hear you on that!