Friday, March 27, 2009

Bunnies

So I'm still checking out the Comic Art Fans website on a regular basis, although it's mostly to check out all the pretty artwork rather than buy anything. Judging by the prices that some of the pieces of art garner you would never know there was a recession on.

And there's always some nice artwork there by some very well known comic book artists. But I have deeply fallen in love with a piece of artwork that's by an artist - Agnes Garbowska - I've never heard of before until this week. But it's great. It's insanely cute, but I don't care, it's absolutely lovely.



That's Wonder Woman, Supergirl and Zatanna, in case you were wondering, with bunny version of the rest of the Justice League. It's currently up on eBay, but with more than four days left in the auction, it's already more than $125 Canadian, which is well out of my price range. I can't even justify it although it's for a good cause. Karen Ellis, a cartoonist, lost most of her belongings in a fire earlier the year and some of her friends and colleagues are trying to help her out. Like donating cute bunny sketches.

But I just can't pull the trigger. Got to save money for Ottawa next month and Australia in July. However, if one of my many readers out there with spare change burning a hole in their pocket would like to buy me a sketch of Justice League bunnies and give it to me as a way of saying thanks for the many hours of reading pleasure I've given you over the years, I'd be awfully grateful. Plus you'd be helping out an artist in trouble. It's a karmic win-win.

Yeah, I didn't think so. Ah well...

Last Five
1. The ice is getting thinner - Death Cab for Cutie
2. Soap box preacher - Robbie Robertson*
3. Enchantment - Corinne Bailey Rae
4. Saviour - Ron Hynes
5. Gas station sandwich - Sean Panting

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Lets wait a bit to see how the final minutes of the auction go first.

Trace said...

It is very cute. I've always said if I was a super hero I'd want to be Wonder Woman because she has her Lasso of Truth (which forces those bound by it to tell the truth).