Monday, December 01, 2008

Stocking stuffer

So, with Christmas now only a few weeks away, some of you might be starting to panic a bit. That might seem silly for people living down south. After all, you have weeks to do your Christmas shopping. But if you live up here, then you have limited shopping opportunities, especially if you live in a small community. And your window for ordering things online and getting them here before Christmas is shrinking rapidly.

So if you're wondering what to get a guy for a last minute stocking stuffer, then fortunately, I have just the thing for you. It's something that combines two flavours that almost all guys like.

And they would be? Why, bacon and chocolate, of course. And look, it even comes in the right shape.



Actually, the entire site has some interesting chocolate there. I mean, I'm not entirely sure what mushroom and organic dark chocolate tastes like, but I am somewhat intrigued. And hell, I'd even try the Mexican ancho, chipotle chillies, Ceylon cinnamon and dark chocolate bar one time, albeit with a glass of water near by. And the sweet Indian curry, coconut and deep milk chocolate bar sounds pretty good too.

This isn't a hint to someone who lives in the penthouse with me, by the way. She's got her shopping for me done. I just think the idea of chocolate and bacon sounds so thoroughly weird that one day I'd like to try it. And hey, Valentine's Day is only a couple of months away....

Last Five
1. The racing rats - The Editors
2. Baby blues - The Stills
3. Ruby Tuesday - The Rolling Stones
4. Carry this cross - Ron Hynes
5. Waiting around to die - Be Good Tanyas

3 comments:

tanker belle said...

Madras milk chocolate from Dolphin is the best chocolate I have ever had.

Gish said...

I've actually tried chocolate with chilies in it. It's a really interesting taste. If I come across a bar while down south, I'll send it on up. It's worth a try.

btw, have you heard the new Cardinals album? I haven't but was curious for reviews.

towniebastard said...

I like "Cardinalogy" more than some of the more recent efforts. It feels like Adams has sobered up and stopped drunkenly sliding by on his enormous talent.

It's not his belt album, but it's better than "29" and a lot of his more recent efforts.