Thursday, December 25, 2008

Christmas aftermath

So I'm just getting this post in under the wire. It's not like I haven't had time to post today, more like just enjoying the sloth. Yes, I understand Christmas is a time for families, but I've done Christmas back home with family. And I love them dearly, but there is also much to be said to spending the day in pjs, lounging around the apartment and watching movies. Oh, and Clare, I seem to have acquired a new Bluray player from Santa. So I must have been a good boy this year.

Actually, the level of gifts this year is a bit silly. I attribute this to myself and Cathy deciding to splurge a bit on ourselves and our parents apparently being concerned we would have a barren tree Christmas morning. No, not so much. The tree before.



And the tree afterwards.



And while we are feeling some measure of guilt over this level of excess, this was still significantly less expensive than a trip home. And given the absolute nightmares involved in travelling this holiday season, I think we made the right choice.

Although I will be working overtime the next few days reading instruction manuals. I like to think I'm reasonably intelligent with manuals, but some of these things are testing the depths of my intelligence.

Anyway, it was a good Christmas and I hope you all had the same, no matter where you are.

Oh, and because they were entertaining me for awhile this afternoon, another raven picture. I think we live in raven central or something. They're always dive bombing off the side of the building or conspiring on the telephone polls. I just like this shot. The odd lights are Christmas lights in the window.



Last Five
The Bells of Dublin - The Chieftains

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow, festive Raven photos, you Rock! And a BluRay. Did you have to leave any hints that you might want one?