Sunday, December 14, 2008

The penthouse at Christmas

We've had a few requests, mostly from family members, about what the inside of the Penthouse looks like. And seeing as how we decorated for Christmas today (and listened to Roger Whittaker's Christmas album twice), I figure the place looks pretty spiffy right now. So here are a few pictures of the place, our Christmas tree and a few close ups of some of the ornaments. Just because I happened to like some of them.

I must say, I'm liking the idea of getting to celebrate Christmas in Iqaluit this year. Don't get me wrong, if someone offered us a free Caribbean cruise tomorrow, I think we would be trying to find ways to get there. But it's nice. It's not stressful at all, it's fun to finally be able to use all the Christmas ornaments we've bought the last couple of years and to be able to buy gifts for Cathy.

Anyway, a few pics...





















Last Five
1. I saw three ships sailing - The Chieftains
2. Play it all night long - Warren Zevon
3. Sweet revenge - Sean Panting
4. Walk like a man - Bruce Springsteen*
5. We can work it out - The Beatles

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Bootifull, just Bootiful.

Anonymous said...

There is something to be said for staying put at Christmas. This is the first time in a while we haven't gone up to STJ's for the holidays. Its odd - but nice at the same time. Your new pad looks spacious compared to the last one.
Enjoy this year off. Next year we expect you both in town.:)

nadinebc said...

Very nice!

As much as I HATE spending Christmas in Ontario, the prospect of traveling to Newfoundland during the Christmas season of delays, lost luggage and cranky Air Canada workers, with a two year old in tow, did not exactly give me the warm and fuzzies.

We will stay here at the house and try to enjoy the season together, spend a lot of money in long distance calls, and try not to burst out into tears when "I'll be home for Christmas" sings over the airwaves.

Side note: Been thinking about getting the Sandman Two graphic novel set for a Christmas gift for my husband. Is the second one as good as the first? It is a big ass collection, with a bigger ass price tag, just want to know if it is worth it.

Trace said...

I absolutely love your tree topper. Very northern. Happy Holidays from PEI.