A few random comments on our viewing habits of last evening...
On the Junos
1. Oh good, they booed. We'll never know exactly how bad because CTV's audio mix was terrible throughout the evening. But there was clearly vocal displeasure.
2. Anderson's reaction to the booing: "That's ok, I can take it." My reaction? "Yes honey, we've known that for years. Plus, we've seen the video."
3. Ok, cheap shot. But hey, it's a pretty clever one.
4. Ohhh, it's Nickleback. I wonder if there will be explosions? Yup, there they are.
5. Rex Goudie didn't say anything, but that might have been wishful thinking. Besides, he was too busy modeling the latest fashion - Scruffy Baymen Chic. It'll be sweeping the runways in Paris in Milan any day now.
6. Or perhaps not. Cathy's reaction: "Oh my God, he looks like a ripple on a bucket of shit."
7. Cathy was pretty funny all night, actually. After hearing Broken Social Scene finish their song with "Demand better music!" her response was "I should demand never hearing them again."
8. Black Eyed Peas and Coldplay tied for Best International Record? Considering the award is based on album sales I rather doubt they each sold the exact same number of records. I call shenanigans.
9. I actually have the urge now to go and download some Bryan Adams. I'm hoping another 12 hours will make it go away.
As for the last hour, I have no idea because mercifully at 8 p.m. West Wing comes on. As for that show:
1. Apparently getting Josh laid twice in about 12 hours still isn't enough to mellow him out. But it was a nice try by Donna.
2. "Have you come on board?" Cute.
3. Actually most of the stuff between Donna and Josh was fun. I was actively wincing several time with stuff Josh said. It's why I empathize with the character so much. I'm not as smart as he is, but I'm clearly as dumb as he is.
4. Look, it's Charlie! Oh wait I blinked and he's gone. Was he really there?
5. Nice quiet moment with CJ in the Oval Office.
6. Apparently Toby's bluff from last week worked.
7. The preview for next week gives up that Leo dies. Then again, that's not much of a spoiler, is it?
8. However, revealing that everyone knows he died before the polls closed in California is. Dumb.
And that's all for now, kids...