Friday, November 21, 2008

Pirates

A quick link for your afternoon reading - a map of all the piracy incidents so far in 2008. I knew about the incidents around Somalia, obviously. And I knew there were incidents around Indonesia. But still, the sheer volume of piracy this year is kind of surprising. And hell, the tradition appears to be alive and well in the Caribbean.

Anyway, I thought you might find it interesting.

Come back later in the day when, barring a miraculous burst of competence, I will be tearing a very, very large strip of UPS. I've called UPS incompetent before, but recent actions have managed to surpass even their high levels.

Yes, it will be a rant. So bring popcorn and something to protect yourself from the spittle. I'm told I can be entertaining when I go off the rails on someone/something like this, and this rant has been building for awhile.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

You're setting the bar high for yourself, Craig. I've got plenty of popcorn and no social life tonight.

towniebastard said...

You mean Yellowknife isn't rocking on a Friday night?

Then again, I think the last time I did something on a Friday night was in St. John's and all it did was remind me how much I hate George Street.

Still, I shall do my best to cross the high bar.

Anonymous said...

There may be a small rum-drinking/guitar-playing festival (of two people) at my house. I gotta say I'm pretty sick of the Black Knight. They're even out of Guinness!

Clare said...

The incidents around Somalia/Puntland/Horn of Africa didn't look all that bad, until I zoomed in on the area. My god that's a lot of piracy. Shiver me timbers.