Thursday, February 14, 2008

V-Day

Not a bad Valentine's Day for us at the Chateau. I was smart enough to order flowers for Cathy a couple of weeks ago so I didn't have to face the hordes at Baffin Flowers. I walked in, said I had ordered some flowers, they got them for me and that was that. Took five minutes. As opposed to the line-up winding its way through the store, filled with people (ok, men) desperately trying to get some last minute flowers. And likely being gouged silly. Flowers up here aren't cheap. I saw a dozen mostly dead roses at Arctic Ventures of $50.

Hell, I went into my boss's office at 2 p.m. today and he was desperately trying to order a dozen roses.

So one of the key tricks - order flowers a couple of weeks in advance and hey, your loved one might not necessarily like roses. Cathy prefer gerber daisies, which makes things easier. Roses are a pain in the ass at this time of the year.

Also, I did bother with chocolates. Which might seem strange, but you get your loved one a treat they will like. Cathy's not the biggest chocolate person in the world, so why get them.

So I got....Pringles.

Hey, they're already mostly gone, so I did something all right.

We'll go out to supper tomorrow evening when there won't be ridiculous crowds with over-priced and limited menus. So it might not be a standard Valentine's Day, but it'll still be a nice couple of days.

But for those of you coming here looking for something romantic, well, I've got just the thing for you. Sadly, this comic doesn't really exist, although I wish it did. The poster of Nipsey Russell is a priceless addition. I actually remember watching him on Match Game as a kid.



If you want more, go to this site.

And happy Valentine's Day, where ever you are....

Last Five
1. Crashing down - The Pursuit of Happiness
2. Fashionable people - Joel Plaskett Emergency*
3. Earthquake weather - Beck
4. Stealing my heart - Rolling Stone
5. Soft revolution - Stars

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love gerber daisies and Pringles too! Well done, Townie Bastard.