Monday, November 12, 2007

Planning

So with the long weekend over, this is our last extra day off - barring blizzards or sick days - until Christmas vacation. Which is a bit sad. On the other hand in a little more than a month we're off on another grand adventure, this time to Florida. Of course, I'm not sure if you can have a grand adventure in Florida, but that's where we're heading. Ideally we'll spend a few days in Orlando hitting a couple of amusement parks, then perhaps do some shopping and take advantage of that high Canadian dollar I've read so much about, before heading to Fort Lauderdale and hopping on board a cruise ship, which takes us a Caribbean saint tour. Well, the islands of St. Lucia, St. Kitts and St. Martaan. It's Christmas, it seems appropriate.

The cruise and the plane tickets are taken care of. Well, I need to get some travel insurance on the cruise. I accidentally cancelled it when dealing with our travel agent. I'm not too worried as our insurance agent says I can get some through them. But we've only just started poking around hotels around Orlando and what parks to visit. I figure we have time to hit two parks. We're looking at Disney, Epcot and Universal. So we'll see.

Also have to figure out where to stay. The problem with looking online for hotels is that there appears to be several million hotels in the greater Orlando area. I almost don't know where to start. Something clean and cheap would be ideal. Maybe a Motel 6 or a Holiday Inn.

We'll figure it out. This requires a certain level of zen-like patience when dealing with it. It's the fine line between planning your vacation so your not wandering around, lost in a daze, and having it planned to within an inch of your life. We're getting better at it, but we're still learning.

I think this vacation will be fine. It's not too complicated. It's the one in Italy that we're looking at next July that has the potential to be a real logistical nightmare. But one worry at a time.

Last Five
1. Better off dancing - The Donnas
2. She's got her ticket - Tracy Chapman
3. Compliments - Bloc Party
4. I'm the man - Joe Jackson
5. Daniel - Elton John*

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I look forward to the day that I can refer to my upcoming Italian vacation as a "nightmare". lol Your cruise sounds like it will be a good time as well.
- Terri Lynn

towniebastard said...

You know me, Terri Lynn...I can always find something to complain about. Up to and including spending a month in Italy.

Anonymous said...

Looking for hotels online sucks. But I find tripadvisor.com to be a good resource to check out reviews of hotels.