Sunday, February 18, 2007

Curling over and done

Ow.

ow ow ow ow ow ow ow

Ow.

Well, that's the hardest $500 I've made in recent history.

Yeah, we won the bonspiel. The semi-final was a harrowing game that went back and forth. We got lucky when the opposing skip missed a take-out on his last shot of the game, leaving us with a draw for two for the win. Considering we played kinda crap for the first half of the game, we were more than happy to get the win.

The final was close, but we had a bit of luck in the eighth end, took three and that made it difficult for the other team to catch us.

And that was that - $2,000 split four ways. My muscles hurt and my knee is still bothering me even though I actually wore a brace on it today. But hell, all things considered, that was a lot of fun.

Now I'm trying to decide what to spend the money on. I told Cathy is she wants to get something she is welcome to partake of the winnings, seeing as how she was a widow for the weekend. However she is suggesting unfun things like putting the money towards the transmission.

We'll see. I'm leaning towards a couple of pretty book at Chapters right now, personally.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congrats Craig! Good Work!

Cheers
Dups

Anonymous said...

Sweet! I'll drink a scotch to ya