Wednesday, January 31, 2007

Two photos

I was home sick today so I wasn't much in the mood to do anything. I'll probably go back tomorrow, but we'll see how I feel.

So the day was spent doing very little other than reading books and reading the manual on the camera. I know others must have said it previously, but people who write technical manuals must be the writing equivalent of the anti-Christ. Or they're failed novelists who feel like punishing the world by making the world suffer through horrific and not all that helpful advice on how to work your new toy, etc.

Anyway, I played with the camera a little bit. Most of the photos are junk, to be honest, as I play with settings and features. But I took the two below just to give an indication of what it can do and the power to the lens.

The first is taken at the widest setting (18 mm or about 27 mm on a normal 35 mm camera. Off in the distance you can see the new Airbus 380 which is back in town again for more cold weather testing.



You know, I have some really nice views out the windows of our apartment if it wasn't for all the goddman wires. the airport is not that far away, but it's not exactly close. However, that is also a big bloody plane. Holds about 550 passengers.

This is with the zoom on maximum, which is 200 mm or 300 mm if we're using its 35 mm equivilent. It's not bad.



So that's not a bad zoom at all. I'm still getting use to how fast it is. Also, I haven't quite got the camera to where I'm happy shooting inside in low light. Then again, I've yet to have a camera where I was, but enough was spent on this one that I hope it's the exception to the rule.

More photos this weekend.

2 comments:

Edward Hollett said...

The A380 is back again doing cold weather testing?

Awesome

towniebastard said...

It's actually the second time she's been back this winter. Also, a couple of weeks ago that giant Russian transport plane was in town carrying what I think was called the world's largest helicopter for cold weather testing.

You do get to see some interesting things at that airport. Giant planes, celebrities...I have expect to see the space shuttle coast in for an emergency landing one of these days...