Saturday, October 11, 2008

Last day

Last day in town as I fly out tomorrow morning early. Off to Ottawa, where I will then head up to Petawawa to see an old friend. And then back in Iqaluit on Monday.

On the one hand, this trip home has gone ludicrously fast. And I feel like I need to take a few days off when I get back to Iqaluit to recover. On the other hand, it'll be nice to get back home. I do miss Cathy and she's had a bit of a rough week, so I wish I was there for her.

I imagine that will all change when I get back to work and I have to start dealing with the Mixed National curling stuff again. I'll likely be eying tickets back down south once I start back into that. But for now, I'm just trying to be zen, enjoy my last few hours in St. John's and enjoy the idea of getting to see Cathy again.

As for what's left to do, I'm going to to supper with my folks this evening, I still have some last minute shopping to get done, and I suppose I should pack at some point. My flight leaves at 7 am tomorrow, so packing is probably a good idea.

I've managed to see a lot of friends, but not all of them. Which is to be expected, but still disappointing. It would have been nice to have seen more, but you really can't expect people to drop everything in their lives just so they can see you.

I'll have more insights on what this last week was like when I get a bit more time to write. But it's been....interesting.

No comments: