Friday, October 17, 2008

Headroom

There's several different things I could write about this evening, but I'm more in the mood to veg than talk about the US elections or work on the "Moving to Iqaluit" FAQ that needs to be done.

So instead I'll second something I read on Johanna Draper Carlson's excellent blog....where's my Max Headroom DVD set? Seriously, I deeply loved that show when I was a kid and it was one of my earliest lessons in the gross unfairness of network television. Where they would kill something so obviously cool and creative and leave utter dreck on in its place.

It's only 12 episodes or so, but I would buy that series in a heartbeat.

But the other nice thing Johanna did, other than talk about the show, was to give me a nice 80s flashback. Ladies and gentlemen, for your Friday evening pleasure I give you "Paranomia" by the Art of Noise featuring Max Headroom. Enjoy.



Last Five
1. The park - Feist
2. Sick of myself - Bowling for Soup
3. London girl - The Pogues*
4. I never told you what I did for a living - My Chemical Romance
5. Not so soft (live) - Ani DiFranco

No comments: