Monday, December 03, 2007

Slow days

So, I'm not dead. I'm just not feeling particularly wordy. It happens from time to time. For awhile I was procrastinating on writing the blog because I was writing the book. Then I used the blog to procrastinate on writing the book. Now I think I'm using work to procrastinate on writing either one. Or something. I just haven't had a lot to say the last few days on the blog.

As for the book, well, I suspect I received suitable motivation from Cathy the other day when she asked when was the last time I wrote something. When I mentioned it had been a while, she made a suitable disappointed noise. I need to get this finished before I go on vacation. Which is now only 16 or so days away. So the clock is ticking.

As for the vacation, this evening was spent taking care of a few more details - getting the cancellation insurance for the cruise in case of weather, printing off info on plane tickets, maps, car reservations and hotel reservations. We not only need copies for ourselves, but we'll also send copies to Cathy's folks, just in case something goes wrong.

I think we'll also be preparing ritual sacrifices to make sure we have good weather all the way to Florida. We're not so concerned about the return trip. It won't be the end of the world if we get stuck in Ottawa an extra couple of days. But we desperately want to make sure we get out on time.

Anyway, that's all I have for this evening. There hasn't even been any news that caught my eye in the last couple of days, except for this lovely piece of terror. Here's hoping I never do anything to piss of the US government, because apparently living in Canada won't protect me if they really want me.

Something more entertaining tomorrow.

Last Five
1. The Complex - Blue Man Group
2. One more night - Stars
3. Uptown girl - Billy Joel
4. M&Ms - Blink 182
5. In California - Neko Case*

No comments: