Thursday, December 20, 2007

Here we are now, entertain us

So we've arrived safe and sound in Florida. No serious mess-ups on the way down. We only got about 4 hours sleep at the hotel in Ottawa because the flight was late coming in, but really, if that's the worst we can complain about, we're doing all right.

I'm writing this from a Day's Inn in Kissammee. Tomorrow we're off to Universal Studio, with probably a trip to Disney on Saturday. And we might try and squeeze some shopping in, but our one brief stop at a mall was fairly horrific. Valet parking at a freaking mall?!

There's plenty of other stories from the road, but they will probably have to wait for another time. Bed is beckoning and I'm operating on very little sleep and we haven't really stopped since 4:30 this morning. So more updates later. But the important thing is we're here, and we're walking around outside in t-shirts. We both laughed coming out of a restaurant when we realized it was nice and warm as opposed to bitter cold.

It's nice. We'll take it....

4 comments:

tanker belle said...

I am absolutely loving the lack of snow. Everyone tries to tell me that I will eventually love it, but no. One of the few things I enjoyed about BC was virtually no snow, if I didn't miss it after five long years there, I ain't going to.

Weather here is like NF in July. Quite pleasant indeed. Colette, you're going to be in the PG at the right time.

tanker belle said...

Opps, type-o. Everyone's telling me I will eventually miss the snow. I hate cold, its all bitter really.

Anonymous said...

Mireille, enjoy New Year's Eve in the Gulf. Nothing better than being able to walk a beach at midnight and enjoy the fact that it's still warm! Absolutely the best memory of my trip to the UAE two year ago.

Steph said...

There's at least one grocery store in Toronto with valet parking, I noticed to my chagrin recently.