Monday, July 23, 2007

Sledgehammer

Yeah, so I haven't been posting much the last few days. A small burst of inspiration around the book (as in figuring out how to start it) was one cause of distraction. The other is it's been generally a crappy day. I'm not talking a spectacularly crappy day, by any stretch. Just combinations of little things. The weather was awful today - almost Newfoundland-ish, with the cold, fog, damp, rain and wind. On top of that I feel like I've been hit with a small truck. Some kind of bug.

And yeah, I miss Cathy. Sue me, I'm sappy.

I also notice that I've been writing blog posts in streaks lately. Not so much sitting down every night and writing something, so much as sitting down every couple of days and managing to find about a half dozen things to write about. The downside to that is sometimes you get dry spells in having anything to talk about.

Like now, for example. This is a post pretty much about nothing. But hey, I just wanted people to know that I'm not dead. And, miracle upon miracles, Harry Potter remains unspoiled for me. As of this morning Chapters had still not sent my copy of the book. So to hell with it, I cancelled the order. Cathy put her copy in the mail this morning via Expresspost, so hopefully I should get it in a couple of days.

I know that might seem silly, but those Expresspost envelopes are ruthlessly abused by people in the north. For about $18 you can cram an awful lot into one of those envelopes. Cathy and her mom are experts at it by now. So Potter and a ton of other stuff should be arriving shortly.

All I have to do is last a couple of more days. So far, so good.

Oh, and to those people who sent me electronic copies of the book...thank you. That was most kind, but I'm stubbornly holding out for the card copy of the book. Although if I don't get anything by the end of the week, I may well cave.

No comments: