I mentioned previously that we resupplied when we were home. And yes, some of it was practical. We bought a ton of spices and herbs at Bulk Barn. We got a new Foreman grill because the last one died a sad death when it was dropped on the floor. We picked up some clothes and a few other things.
But really, we went batshit on the DVDs.
I mean, we got a nice few from parents for Christmas. That alone would have held up for a bit. But then we hit the Boxing Day sales and things went straight to hell. I thought Future Shop was going to be bad. And it was. But that's nothing compared to the carnage we inflicted on our Visa at HMV in the Mall. Even the cashiers were a little shocked.
However, we bought that many DVDs precisely for weekends like we're going to have coming up. Very cold when you would feel much better cozied up in the apartment watching a movie then out roaming around the community.
Keep in mind that most of it was on sale pretty cheap (some as little as $5). Although the really painful thing for me wasn't the money, but the method of which we transported them up north. Rather than carry all of those boxes, we took out the discs and put them in a carry case. However, we don't really have a place to store all those cases up here and we don't want to impose on our parents to store any more of our stuff than they already are.
So we threw them out. All except the Bond sets and the Superman case (which was made of metal for some reason). I understand the logic, but the collector inside me weeps when we do this sort of thing. Even for the junky movies.
For bonus points, try to guess which ones are my DVDs, which ones are Cathy's and which ones are a joint purchase.
- The Complete James Bond (The box sets were on sale so it worked out to about $10 a movie. Which is a good deal as far as I'm concerned.)
* The West Wing - Seasons 5,6 and 7
* Gilmore Girls - Seasons 5 and 6
* Space: Above and Beyond (Complete Series)
* Justice League: Unlimited - Season 1
* The Chronicles of Narnia: The Lion, The Witch and the Wardrobe (Special 4-disc edition)
* A Fish Called Wanda
* Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man's Chest
* The DaVinci Code
* The Little Mermaid
* X-Men: The Last Stand
* Air Force One
* In The Line Of Fire
* The Perfect Storm
* Das Boat (Directors's Cut)
* A Cinderella Story
* Lethal Weapon
* Superman Returns
* U2's Zoo TV Tour
* Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band: Live in New York City
* The Road to El Dorado
* Apollo 13
* Clerks II