1. Warren Ellis pointed me in the direction of this site and I'm falling deeply in love with it already. It's called Pandora and it's exceptionally clever. I've been feeling lately that I've been running out of new music. I rarely listen to radio stations anymore, so finding new music can be difficult.
What this site does is simple, but brilliant. Type in the name of an artist or song that you like. It will find other songs or artists that are similar that it thinks you might like. I've only punched in a few artists so far - Ryan Adams and Ron Sexsmith - but I like what it's been throwing back at me.
One catch, you do have to register for the site, which is free. But you have to, ummm, distort where you live as it only recognizes people living in the U.S. I suspect there are a lot of people using this site in Beverly Hills, as the only U.S. postal code I know off the top of my head is 90210.
2. I don't know why I find this funny, but anything that mocks Vin Disel can't be all bad. Go here to see the "Top 30 Facts About Vin Disel". My favourite? "When Vin Diesel jumps into a body of water, he doesn't get wet. The water gets Vin instead."
3. My friend Corey sent me this voting link, which was interesting. Answer the questions and it tell you which party and leader you most agree with. I did it and agreed with Stephen Harper on three things, Paul Martin on two and Jack Layton on two. Which is about what I figured. My politics tend to wander all over the spectrum. I would have been surprised to find any one party or leader that I agreed with a lot.
Last 5 opn Pandora
1. Elderly woman behind the counter in a small town - Pearl Jam (Rearview Mirror)
2. Thinking out loud - Ron Sexsmith (Other Songs)
3. Priest and paramedics - Pedro the Lion (Control)
4. Hey girl - The Delays (Faded Seaside Glamor)
5. Michael - Red House Painters (Down Colorful Hill)