Tuesday, April 15, 2008

No! Not the return of....curling!

Yes, but only briefly. Two things of note:

1. There will be a meeting of people interested in volunteering for the Canadian Mixed Curling Championships, which will be held from Nov. 9-16 this year, on Wednesday, April 23. It starts at 7 p.m. at the Iqaluit Curling Club. If you'd like to help out, please attend.

2. It's not every curling team gets its own theme song, let alone one quite so cool. But Team Shattered Dreams, consisting of a bunch of local media and a teacher, decided that in celebration of their year of curling, the should have one. Along with a music video. And it is awesome.

Next year, my team is getting a theme song. It should blast out for speakers whenever we hit the ice to install fear into the opposing team. Or at least fits of laughter so severe it impairs their ability to curl properly for several ends.

Off to work for a few hours. My flight leaves around 2 p.m.

2 comments:

Dooner said...

Thanks Craig! Once you come up with a nifty team name, the song practically writes itself. It doesn't hurt to have a guitar, Garage Band, and a notable lack of shame.

DoubleL said...

Just wondering...I'm moving to Iqaluit around the first week of June and am looking to be involved...I don't know my schedule yet but I wouldn't mind helping out wherever I can. I know nothing about curling but I'm always up for anything remotely social :)