1. So much for my "zen master of curling title", which was always more than half ironic to me. I was nice and relaxed in tonight's game, until I missed a shot in the sixth end, so that instead of scoring six I gave up a steal of one. Then missed a couple of shots in the seventh, another steal of three. And there went the zen master thing, up in smoke. Or, more accurately, in a cloud of profanity.
Which is annoying. I really thought I was doing better and keeping my temper when I missed shots this year, but apparently there are still ways to go on this yet. sigh...
On the upside, while I did have two players fall down, at least no one was injured this evening, so that's a positive. ANd to give credit where it's due, Stephanie curled a hell of a game.
2. Cathy knows that when I die my preference is to be cremated. Just because I would prefer not to run the risk of coming back as a zombie. Which I think would suck. But anyway, find a pizza oven and stick me in it. The take the ashes, bring me out to Cape Spear and toss me to the wind. Or, stick me in a 2L Coke bottle with a note, so that if some 13 year old kid in France finds me, I can cause one last lingering bit of trauma.
However, the one thing I do not want happening is this. People have been taking the ashes of their dearly departed and sprinkling them around Disney rides, like the Haunted House and Pirates of the Caribbean. As this is a health hazard, not to mention the US tends to freak out when people start scatting fine powder in public places, Disney is having issues with this.
All I will say is this - If Cathy spreads my ashes at a Disney park, I will haunt her for eternity.
3. There are no shortage of comic books about zombies these days. Zombies and the new monkeys. Or pirates. Or Robot Overlords. Ooooh, look, the robot overlords have video.
Ahem, anyway. Zombies. Lots of zombie tales these days. But this comic looks like it could be fun. It's done by a creator living in Halifax, which is pretty cool. And I like the art and story from the preview pages.
Oddly, two people came to mind when I was reading it. First was my friend Tara Murphy, who is a big fan of zombies. Probably has something to do with her working on horror movies in the past as a special effects person. Which is a pretty cool job. The other person is Sheena. No idea why. I don't know her all that well. And yet, I think she would get a kick out of it.
Anyway, it's now on my list to buy. Unless some kind soul wants to buy me a zombie comic for Christmas. Because nothing says Happy Holidays quite like brains. Braaaaaiiiinsssss......
1. Mystery and Crime - Joel Plaskett Emergency*
2. Always look on the bright side of life - Spamalot
3. Things have changed - Bob Dylan
4. Your cloud - Tori Amos
5. Sunrise - Norah Jones