Wednesday, June 13, 2007

Mid-day news

1. It's not only comic books that are getting the short end of the stick with the rising Canadian dollar. Lots of items. Lots of things are not where they are supposed to be if using an accurate exchange rate. And it's also having an impact on the economy by driving up inflation.

So there you go, Marvel Comics is damaging the Canadian economy. Well, maybe not.

Although, as the story mentions, there are some good deals. Tim Hortons coffee, gas (maybe) and iTunes. You know, the important things in life. If you're a Canadian. I think there might be blood in the street if Tim's was cheaper in the US than Canada.

2. Apparently I'm right on the boarder when it comes to heart and diabetes risk. My current waist size is 40, which is actually good as it was 42. I'm hoping to get it down to 36 eventually.

However, the story is right in another regard...I didn't know that about waist size. Still, good to know.

3. Does Canada no longer suck at soccer? I lamented this when they were at 103rd back in March. I believe Iraq was ahead of us. And now we're 56th. Now that's pretty impressive leap in a short period of time. Apparently it's their good showing in the Gold Cup that's accounting for the sudden rise.

Of course, I'd be more impressed if they hadn't lost to Guadeloupe in the same tournament.

No comments: