Thursday, June 15, 2006

Ah, those Germans

Say what you will about Fark, they can occasionally come up with some clever headlines for their links. This is one of the better ones, talking about the World Cup game yesterday: "Germans smash through Polish defence. Again."

Granted, a 1-0 score with the winning goal coming in extra time is hardly smashing. And, a cynic might say that the Polish defence was a bit better than what the Germans faced in 1939, but that's besides the point really. The threat that I linked to, by the way, is a typical Fark thread. Meaning there's an equal chance you will laugh at something witty as you will want to go through the screen and throttle some immature idiot. So beware.

God help us if England plays Germany at any point. I know they've played before in the World Cup, but a game on German soil? Especially if it was in the final? Dear God....

And remember Don't Mention The War.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Craig-- I'm trying to reach you. Check yuor hotmail. Or email me back. You can get me on myfirstname.mylastname(at)ice.org.uk (Don't bother with the gmail, please.)

Nice place you got here, btw. What's with the fucking puppies though? I'm getting diabtes just _looking_ at that stuff.

Anonymous said...

Hey, just watched the Germany-Poland game in a Biergarten in Berlin. Look, say what you want but I loved the game.. Germany outplayed the Poles without a doubt. The Germans had so many chances and the Poles hardly controlled the ball. I was actually with the crowd when they stormed out of their seats! Amazing to see something like that in the home country. Reminded me a lot of Whyte Ave in Edmonton recently.. minus the burning phone boxes, stupid people and generally a feeling of simple happiness...

Apparently not so in Dortmund but meh.

Anonymous said...

Oh and I'm drunk

Anonymous said...

And the goal from Crouch for the Trinidad game by England sucked. Sorry pulling his hair... not very good.