Friday, July 23, 2010

I love Comic Con

So the Westboro Babtist "Church" (otherwise known as some of the worst, most hateful scum the US has to offer) decided to show up at the San Diego Comic Con to protest all those godless heathens doing terrible things such as having fun and enjoying pop culture. The Con attendees, God love them, decided to....counter protest in their own little way.



"God Hates Michael Bay" and "Kill All Humans" are my personal favourites, although a friend of mine who pointed out this video said he's fond of the "The Cylons Destroyed 12 Colonies For Your Sins." I also enjoy, as Warren Ellis pointed out, that different groups were making monetary donations to organizations such as the Foundation for AIDS Research or the Human Rights Campaign based on how long Fred Phelps and his crew protested outside at the con. The longer they stayed, the more money they raised for groups they hate. I like it.

My friends, you do not fuck with the geeks during Nerd Prom. Because they will fuck you back, twice as hard and in a far more creative manner. Although I am not there in the flesh, I salute you my geek brethren. Go boldly. And hey, if you can get God to kill Micheal Bay, I could go for that too...

Last Five
1. Let's get lost - Lloyd Cole
2. Mahogany - Me First and the Gimmie Gimmies
3. God - Tori Amos
4. Bad blood - Figgy Duff
5. Two birds - Regina Spektor

4 comments:

Admin said...

love the nerds, loathe the baptists, those people are insane

Anonymous said...

What a great way to counter protest! I love that they raised money for groups the "church" hates. :)

towniebastard said...

Plus I'm pretty sure they made the donation in Phelps name, just to add insult to injury.

dups said...

That is just brilliant.