Sunday, July 25, 2010

Boats

The past week saw quite a few boats out in the bay, considering we have no where really to dock them. During the past week we had two sealift vessels, a coast guard ship and a small cruise ship. Of course, that doesn't count the dozens of small craft zipping in and out of town during that period.

I have a pretty decent view from our living room window of the comings and goings, but there it is a little outlook nearby that I take the dog when we're doing his walks. So I figured I'd grab the camera and take a few pictures. These all happened over the period of a few days, but I still think they came out pretty nice looking. Well, except for the night shot. I tried taking that one spur of the moment from my front porch without a tripod. So it's a touch soft. Oh well...






Last Five
1. The lucky one (live) - Allison Krauss and Union Station
2. Oh you girls - Franz Ferdinand
3. Exodus - Bob Marley
4. All these things - Elvis Costello and Allen Toussaint
5. Instanbul (Not Constantinople) (live) - They Might Be Giants*

2 comments:

Jackie S. Quire said...

Gorgeous shots! You make town just look lovely!

Bruce said...

You just need a few more politicians from rural Newfoundland.

Then you'd get that wharf, you betcha.