Monday, March 08, 2010

Thud

Thud being the sound the Oscars made on Sunday night.

I suppose I could talk about the Oscars at length, but the problem is they were the most deeply boring I can think of in years and years. Steve Martin and Alec Baldwin absolutely tanked as hosts and most of the presenters were boring (the exception being Robert Downey Jr. and Tina Fey). I was waiting for the Big Oscar Moment, the one that everyone talks about the next day...except there wasn't one. I was trying to Twitter stuff as the night went on, except I got pretty bored about an hour or so in. I hung around until the end, but I think that was more masochism on my part than any real interest.

Seriously, bring Neil Patrick Harris in to do the Oscars next year and it might interesting. He was one of the few good things about the broadcast last night.

Although, speaking of Downey, the new Iron Man 2 trailer debuted last night as well. And there was the sound of millions of geeks crying out as one. Which is a very disturbing sound, and it's probably best not to think about it.

I mocked one of my female friends for drooling over the trailer, figuring she just wanted Downey. Noooo....she wants a briefcase that turns into a suit or armor. So do I, for that matter. However, I'm not a lawyer in court all the time. Her wanting one of those is kind of disturbing, really.

The trailer, however, is filled with awesome. Can't wait to see the movie.



And finally, just because I found this amusing - what happens when you let a physicist experiment with coffee? I suspect you get something that several my friends will desperately be trying to order.

Last Five
1. Dance, dance, dance (live) - Neil Young*
2. Punch drink grinning soul - Flogging Molly
3. California - Josh Ritter
4. A new name for everything - The Weakerthans
5. Fountain of sorrow - Jackson Browne

1 comment:

´´Saray´´ said...

´Barney´ would be awesome as an Oscars host! The only moment I rather liked was when Ben Stiller came out dressed as a Nav´i, the rest was zzzz...