Sunday, January 10, 2010

Reminders

Yeah, no post yesterday. Pure sloth on my part, really. I had some ideas but every time I sat down in front of the computer to start writing, I couldn't get the concentration in place to get the words down right.

Even today, I have NFL playoffs and curling grand slam final distracting me. So nothing too detailed. Instead, a couple of reminders of things happening or about to happen.

First up, the deadline for the Nunies is Monday at 5 pm EST. You can nominate blogs in the Best New Blog and Best Blog categories. There are plenty of good blogs on the sidebar worth your time, so give them a whirl and drop Clare a line to let him know which ones you think should make the final five in each category.

Another blogging award reminder is that the Newfoundland and Labrador Bloggers Choice Awards are getting ready to enter their last week. Now, I'm not going to win this because the two blogs in the lead have something like 600+ votes and I have 15. And I haven't been begging for votes because I'm choosing to keep my powder dry for (hopefully) the Nunies. However, if you would like to pop over there and ease my humiliation over my current vote total, by all means please do so.

Reminder number three is for those living in Iqaluit. If you curl, the First Air Bonspiel will be taking place on January 15-16. You don't have to be a member of the Iqaluit Curling Club to take part, but we will ask for a bit more money from you. Members are $30 per person, non-members are $40 per person.

There will be games Friday evening and the most of Saturday. How many games depend on how many teams we get, but the maximum number will be 16. Oh, and there's a bar, likely food after the end of the games Saturday evening and a prize table with a variety of things. Oh, and since it's the First Air Bonspiel, there will be something from the airline.

I can't say what it is, because I don't know what it is yet. In the past we've gotten return tickets to Ottawa and vouchers good for cargo. So that's what we're hoping for this time, but we will see. Regardless of they give us, it will be a door prize. So no matter how well, or poorly, you do your name goes into the hat for the door prize.

This bonspiel is always a good time, there's some good curling and a lot of fun. So I encourage people to come out and give it a whirl. You can enter as an individual and we'll try and find you a team, or put your own team together. The deadline is 7pm on Thursday.

Hope to see you there...

Last Five
1. Fuck you - Lily Allen*
2. Right between the eyes - Garbage
3. We might as well be strangers - Keane
4. Landslide - Fleetwood Mac
5. Southern man - Neil Young

No comments: