It’s been awhile since I’ve done a bunch of links, but I think these all work well together:
1. I know that 2008 is but a crying infant at this point, but I’d like to present an early contender for quote of the year for all things relating to Nunavut. Ladies and Gentlemen, let them eat tofu...
2. I want my own personal army of witch doctors to cower people and make them live in fear of me.
3. I don’t know if this alarm clock is real or not (because Think Geek likes their gag items), but if it is, then I totally would stop hitting the snooze button in the morning. The problem is, there are so many organizations I hate, I’d be hard pressed to pick just one. Although if I had to pick one right now, an organization that suggests the Inuit should eat tofu rather than hunt animals would likely be high up there on the list.
4. Funny how Canadian North and First Air always announce their seat sales on the same day, and that each route, such as Iqaluit to Ottawa, have the same price. That ticket, by the way, is $1,258.26 return, including all taxes and fees. I think the days of getting a flight from here to Ottawa return for less than $1,000 is now over and done with.
5. I still have decided if I’m going to New York in April. I think it depends on a couple of factors…how bad the Visa bill is from the recent cruise, if I can get a decent seat sale from Ottawa to Newark and if I can budget the trip, all expenses in, for under $2,000. But if I do go, I desperately hope U2-3D is playing somewhere. It sounds like an awesome concert movie and after watching Beowulf in 3-D IMAX, I’d love to see this in the same format.
1. What am I to you - Norah Jones
2. I would die for you - Garbage
3. Hallelujah - k.d. lang*
4. Ghost in this house - Allison Krauss and Union Station
5. Teeth in the grass - Iron & Wine