Thursday, November 02, 2006

Reminder

Just a quick reminder that if you swing over to Doomed Writing the The National Novel Writing Month challenge has begun. Well, I've begun at the very least. There's no sign of the others yet, but I'm sure they will show up soon-ish.

By the way, there's the possibility that if I actually get on a roll with the novel, that posting here might slow down for the month of November. Kind of hard to find the time to write 1,700 words a day for a novel and a blog post of two. I'm not abandoning the blog by any stretch. Just be prepared for the odd day where I miss things.

Anyway, the first 1700 words were like pounding my head on a wall. Can't wait to see how the rest of the month goes....

4 comments:

Unknown said...

I can really relate to feeling like you're pounding your head on a wall. I don't feel remotely inspired lately. The damnable thing is that I can't tell if it is fatigue from the job or from the lack of sunlight!

Simon Lono said...

When Fredrick Forsyth was an down-on-his luck out-of-work journalist in the early 70's, he was staying at a friend's flat.

Every day for a month he got up in the morning, set his typewriter on the kitchen table and wrote. At the end of a month he was ready to submit "The Day of the Jackal" to publishers.

Who knows?

towniebastard said...

Who knows indeed, Simon.

And the inspiration, I find, comes and goes in waves. I was a writing fiend a month ago. Now, its a bit harder. But as long as I stick to the routine of writing every day, the "muscles" stay strong, which makes the writing a bit easier.

Curtis Groom said...

Ok, I'm there, but I can't locate any groupings. Are we free for all? I didn't find you, I did find Darcy in arctic bay (however his first word seems to have eluded him). Seems like a strange site, I'm still triing to find out where I can actually write
Take Care
CG