Thursday, September 29, 2005

Sears exchange

I'm really enjoying the bashing of Paul Sears in the previous post and because his comments to the media after he lost are priceless. I mean, people didn't vote for him because his name starts with "S" and it was too far down the ballot? Are you fucking kidding me? They managed to find it fine in 2001, Paul. Has the city's collective IQ dippped dramatically in the intervening four years? I'd argue that by tossing you out it's probably gone up a few points.

Still, in honour of Sears finally completely losing it, I present my all-time favourite exchange between Sears and Wells. There might have been longer ones, or exchanges with more passion and fire. But no exchange so aptly summed just how far behind the bell curve Sears was when it came to Wells.

Wells: You're cracked, Sears. Sure no one likes you. No one in Newfoundland likes you at all.
Sears: Your worship, I'd like to remind you that the official name of this province is Newfoundland and Labrador.
Wells: Thanks for pointing that out, Sears. No one in Labrador likes you either.

I had to leave the room for a minute I was laughing that hard. Sears turned beet red and barely said a word for the rest of the evening. Brilliant stuff.

No comments: