Monday, August 27, 2007

Back on the program

So you know you're in trouble when you get back from the gym and your arms are wobbling too much to type when you get home. It's been close to a month since I was last at the gym and apparently it doesn't take much for what little tone I had to vanish. I'm also up about 5 pounds to around 235. Not really much of a surprise. I ate lots and exercised little during the month of August. I was on vacation, so that kind of sloth and gluttony is allowed. But now it's time to get back at it.

There really is nothing like a bunch of vacation photos to show that, yeah, you haven't gotten as far as you might have thought when it comes to getting in shape and dropping some weight.

So, back at it at the gym, trying to cut back on the snacking and reduce the portions. I don't think losing the 50 pounds this year is doable, but I would still like to be closer to 200 than 250 at the end of this year.

And hey, with the fall coming up, you all know what that means. Curling! Aside from some more exercise that will help me get in better shape, it also means writing about a subject that I know many readers on the blog absolutely adore.

Well, there might be one somewhere that doesn't mind it.

No comments: